Pages

Monday 20 October 2014

Free the Children

Last week, I went to a club called "Free the Children". The main purpose of the "Free the Children" club is to help other children who are in need of food, shelter, and water by volunteering or by donating to charity. "Free the Children" club is in Room 214. The club meetings are always on Wednesday and Thursday at lunch. In the club, we will go to different places to help raise money for charity. On Halloween night, on October 31, the people in the club will ask strangers in different houses for canned food items. 

The advantages in joining the club would be to help you get involved in educational experiences, and real world learning and supporting opportunities. I don't think there are any disadvantages of joining the club. The skills, interests, and connection that you may develop or need would be leadership skills and an interest in helping others. Also, you could help others in the club by participating in events and activities, or by being at club meetings.

If I were to go join the club, I would be concerned about the time, that if I could make it to all the meetings in the club. When I went to the club meeting, the "Free the Children" club gave a lot of information about what they were doing, and incoming events; so I was interested in going to the club.


~Perspective Number 5

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi David!,
    Just a note that when you put a post that's BLACK ink on a BLACK background the letters will kind of like disappear. So just to have a little heads up about that :).I like how you were discriptive when explaining about the Free the Children club!. Also you explained fully about the club and what you thought about it. After i read your post i thought it was the fifth choice maybe?, because you explained about the club (when, where). Maybe to explain a litlle more about the club you could say who is the leader of the club, which would be Cecilia and maybe add a little more excitment in your "voice". But overall this was a great first post!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't post it in black on purpose. I think it was a mistake..

      Delete
  3. Hi David! I really liked your post. I didn't realize that Free The Children was to help at shelters I thought it was to help people who lived in places like Africa. The only thing was that u accedently put black printing but i see that u fixed that.

    ReplyDelete